Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Wedding Bells


October 17th, a joyful occasion for all of us – a cousin of mine had her wedding on this auspicious day. I wanted to give her something special, so I thought of some home bake cuppies as a gift to wish her and her hubby a long lasting marriage. For weeks I have been contemplating over the sugar paste designs and what-would-be the suitable topper before I finally set my eyes on a cute couple clad in traditional Chinese wedding outfit. That is it! The theme would be red and white, to not complicated the designs with too many colors. As for the cake flavor, they are orange flavored with freshly squeezed orange juice and zest to bring up the fragrant. The center is then filled with home-made orange jam which created a juicy texture when one sunk their teeth in.

For personalized touch, the groom's and bride's initials were added

Close up shot of the cute couple

One big and 7 small sized cuppies all nicely packed


I had another set of cuppies for my in-laws who were in town during the weekend. It was getting late at night and I was a little tired so I just had a couple teddies hugging each other accompanied by six small sized cuppies.

Lovey Dovey teddies hugging each other

Close up shot

I am happy that the cuppies and sugar arts turned out well!

Cheers,

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

    © Home Bake Cakes. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP